Class 12 Board Exams Cancelled, PM Says Students’ Safety Most Important

Must Read

Rajendra Choudharyhttps://livetimesnews.com
Rajendra Choudhary is The Founder & CEO of Live Times Media Pvt. Since 2019 He Started his Digital Journey and Built a Victory in The Media and Education Industry with over 5 Websites and Blogs.

New Delhi: Class 12 Board Exams Cancelled. There will be no examination for CBSE Class 12 students this year due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic across the country, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said today. He said that this decision has been taken in the interest of the students.

“The health and safety of our students is extremely important and there will be no compromise on this aspect,” said a statement from the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO). It said, “Anxiety among students, parents and teachers, which should be allayed… Students should not be forced to appear for exams in such stressful situation. All stakeholders need to show sensitivity towards students.” . “

Within minutes of the decision on CBSE, it was informed that the Council for Indian School Certificate has also canceled its class 12 board exams for this year.

Class 12 Board Exams Cancelled, PM Says Students' Safety Most Important

This decision of the Prime Minister came after an important meeting held today on this matter. Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh, Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar and Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Chairman Manoj Ahuja, besides other officials attended the meeting.

According to the PMO, CBSE will now take steps to compile the results of Class 12 students in a time-bound manner according to well-defined objective criteria.

“It has been decided that any student who is not satisfied with the assessment, the option of appearing in the examination will be provided by the CBSE, when the situation is favorable,” it said in a CBSE release.

The decision to abolish the examination this year comes two days before the Supreme Court hearing on the matter, during which the Center is expected to file its reply on a similar plea. The court on May 31 adjourned the hearing till June 3 after the Center sought time for a decision.

Earlier, during the May 23 meeting, CBSE had proposed to conduct the exam between July 15 and August 26. It also put forth two options: regular examinations in 19 major subjects at notified centers and shorter duration examinations in schools where students are enrolled.

Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal had said after that meeting that most of the states had expressed their opinion in favor of holding the examination.

Welcoming the CBSE’s decision today, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that it is an important step towards safe health students across the country. In a tweet, he said, “Heartfelt gratitude to all the students and parents towards the respected Prime Minister.”

Uttar Pradesh had earlier canceled the state board’s class X examination and proposed to conduct class XII examination in the second week of July.

More Articles

Latest Article